Now that we've had our Salon # 2 (topic: Creativity), it seems clear that we're onto something. Judy will be posting her impressions from the second salon later on when she has some time. Maybe folks who participated in the first salon ("Work") want to revisit some of the more interesting ideas that came out of that.
For now this blog will be accessible only to people who've participated in a salon, and we will be sending emails to invite you to become authors of the blog. Those who are authors are free to post anything, anytime. We can open it up later, if that's what people want to do, but for now I want to keep it limited to those who participated.
The first and only real rule of Salon Blog-on is that you blog about whatever pleased/irritated/inspired/baffled/confused/or otherwise stimulated your brain during the salon.
The url for the blog is: http://www.palimpsestbooks.blogspot.com/
My creativity has reached its limit for today, so I'll leave off for now. Thank you everyone for making our salons a reality. We are some lucky ducks.
-Xandra
180. Monte Verità, Ascona
8 years ago
Thanks, Xandra. Here's a link to info on the concept of Emergence on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence
ReplyDeleteI have a book I can loan you also.
Also, please identify the painting you've used as a header. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteJudy and Xandra - Thanks so much for creating time and space (and now a blog) for us to converse about these topics!
ReplyDeleteRe: creativity, I just read a friend's blog post inviting us to consider not so much the WHAT of creativity, but the WHY. A very intriguing and important question, I think.
http://www.acjphotoblog.com/why-are-they-surfing-lake-superior/?utm_source=AC+Johnson+Photo+Blog&utm_campaign=5706bec17e-Blog_Post3_25_2011&utm_medium=email
Catherine: I posted the info about the painting under it. I'm wondering now, whether this blog is really the best venue to share post-salon thoughts, as I'm not that great at figuring out how to make it more user-friendly. Hmmm.
ReplyDeleteAmy, thanks for the link to Alec's blog.
ReplyDeletecool-o!
ReplyDeletethanks SO much for hosting - good conversation is life-giving for me. On the way home in the car, Maggie said "I feel so INSPIRED!"
X, i'm wondering if you might have more luck with a FB page, since so many people are already on it. it also would give a chance for participants to get to know one-another better through the page and their profiles - send one another messages, etc. (I would love that.)
hey, there's no 'like' button here...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteon the other hand, FB may not be as nice a place to put longer 'notes', thoughts, etc., and easily refer back to them. hmmmmmmmmmmm...
ReplyDeleteThat was a swell salon. I talked with Christopher afterwards and he wished we had gotten to the last go-round. A chance at the end to go around the circle and let each person say a word or two, perhaps something that struck us or something we'll take away. I agree. I meant to do that. Next time!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Salon and the blog - I agree with Christopher that the final words of the day would have been interesting and helpful to hear what people now think after the sharing. Note on the FB - prefer to keep with a blog which is more focused on the thinking and thoughts of the Salon - FB leads in to many places. (just my thoughts at this time)
ReplyDeleteA book to look at if you have not is the War of Art by Steven Pressfield. I don't agree with all but like the way he things about the work of art.