Where, in the aftermath of our salons, participants may re-create, re-visit, re-consider, re-view, and re-think ideas, thoughts, urges, and impulses engendered by the salon.
Am taking Tracie's suggestion under consideration, as this blog isn't seeming as poster-friendly as I'd like. I can keep toying with the page elements, but I'd like for this to be more communal, and facebook might offer that.
As I emailed to Judy M the day after the salon, I believe that real creativity can only occur through discipline; learning the working craft of whatever the chosen form is. We may possess the kind of brain that makes connections from one thing to another quickly and beautifully but until we actually apply ourselves to dig deeply into a thing, whether it is conversation or teaching or visual art or music or jewelry or engineering or design of any kind, we will not be truly creative. We cannot be creative without the basic knowledge and tools that allow us to abandon all basic knowledge and tools to create something never before seen in the world. A book reference: " Arrow in the Blue" by Arthur Koestler (old book) which describes the nature of creativity in a number of very famous minds. Einstein could not have created the theory of relativity if he were not completely, utterly grounded in mathematics, for instance. Martha Graham trained as a classical ballet dancer. THEN she could throw it off and do new things, new forms.
As I emailed to Judy M the day after the salon, I believe that real creativity can only occur through discipline; learning the working craft of whatever the chosen form is. We may possess the kind of brain that makes connections from one thing to another quickly and beautifully but until we actually apply ourselves to dig deeply into a thing, whether it is conversation or teaching or visual art or music or jewelry or engineering or design of any kind, we will not be truly creative. We cannot be creative without the basic knowledge and tools that allow us to abandon all basic knowledge and tools to create something never before seen in the world. A book reference: " Arrow in the Blue" by Arthur Koestler (old book) which describes the nature of creativity in a number of very famous minds. Einstein could not have created the theory of relativity if he were not completely, utterly grounded in mathematics, for instance. Martha Graham trained as a classical ballet dancer. THEN she could throw it off and do new things, new forms.
ReplyDelete